Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What I'm Working With

Well, today is Wednesday, which I have realized this summer is by far my favorite day of the week. My work shift is short and doesn't cross over into the late-night madness at the bar. I know that the weekend is on it's way. I get a kick-but training sesh from the hunk-tastic boyriend. And.....

it's "What I Ate Wednesday" hosted by the lovely Jenn at Peas and Crayons!

Ever since I discovered WIAW, I have been totally hooked. I will literally spend all morning, stretching out my breakfast, creeping on all of the amazing foodie blogs out there. WIAW is how I found many of the blogs I have become addicted to, and it is one of the reasons I wanted to start this blog. I wanted to play too!

Bummer this week that I cannot totally participate and share my daily eats today. I am still figuring out how I want this whole blog thing to go, so I am going to hold off till next week.... but you can count on it, I will be there next week.

So, today I will, once again, just creep stare longingly at all of the delicious eats everyone is sharing to day. Brainstorming of the kinds of foodie goodness I want to share will definitely follow. I am so jealous of all of the culinary talent that is hiding out there in all of the bloggie bears. I feel like maybe I could be there one day. I mean, I definitely have the interest and passion for it. There is one obstacle that absolutely stands in my way, though...

My "kitchen". 

Why the quotations? Just look at this thing. Can it really be referred to as a kitchen?
Yep, that's it. All of it...sith my wonderful roomster, Reb, hard at work.

This was our first meal here over a year ago. When it was just the two of us that summer, everything was peachy. But this kitchen is now shared between 4 hungry college girls. It has required some tricky compromises.
  • One small fridge -> We each have to keep all of our perishables contained to one small area. fruit ends up staying on the shelves built into the wall. sad.
  • One measly pantry -> We each have one shelf for everything we want to keep in there. Poor Kayla is left with the floor. Luckily she eats mostly cold cereal, so she is ok with it.
  • Almost no storage space -> My random small appliances live in my room on the shelf in the closet (including rice cooker, air popper, coffee grinder, and mini food processor). Bedroom and kitchen combined... it's like being in the dorms again.
So, as I gawk admiringly at all of the gorgeous food on WIAW, I will stare disdainfully at the wall space that is my sad excuse for a kitchen. Oh the joys of being a broke college student. But, soon enough, in less than 1 year (eek!), I will have my own place with my own kitchen to play in. Maybe something like this?

(source)




Ha. Haha. Here's hoping...

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see yours next week!

    I have a crap kitchen AND camera. People around here are too nice to say anything though, so it all works out :)

    ReplyDelete