Going to a school on the quarter system means halfway through the quarter. Midterm week. Or, if you are a senior education major, the week when all of the big projects for the first half of the quarter tumble down on you and collide with due dates all within 3 days of each other.
Yea, it's been one of those weeks. The ones where you have so much to do that there is literally no time to do anything fun. Or necessary. Like sleep. Or breathe.
But, it's halfway over! And, today I turned in my Integrated Unit Plan for my education class. It's one of the longest and most involved projects I have had to do for the college of ed, but it's pretty sweet because at the end, I have a complete unit plan that I can keep as part of my professional portfolio. And, I have to say, it's a fantastic plan. I am actually excited to get the grade back on this one! (only in the mid of a teacher are these types of thoughts acceptable)
Well, I figured that this week would be the perfect time to check and see how my fall quarter goals are shaping up:
1) Strait A's- This one makes an appearance every quarter, and was never realized until last winter
when I was abroad. I was able to do it again in the spring, so I hope to keep the streak going.
Looking good so far! I haven't gotten any grades back that would indicate anything different!
2) Keep nourishing my body with healthy, natural foods - This should be a cinch because it is something that is really important to me, but when the sched gets crazy, it's difficult to find time to
make well balanced meals. But, I am determined to do it this quarter.
Actually, I am surprising myself with how well I have been doing with this. Ever since the break up, and effectively losing the only person I could talk to about it, I have kept up all of the progress I have made, and then some. I'm finally doing it for me. And it feels really amazing.
3) Work out most days of the week- I am aiming for 5 days a week, but, again, this gets tricky when
things get busy, but I think if I make it part of my daily routine and get it done in the morning, I can stick to it.
Tricky is an understatement...time is definitely not on my side with this one. I have been averaging 3 or 4 days a week. I'm still happy with this, though.
4) Fix and maintain relationships with roomies- Although I get along fine with all of them, I seemed to drift apart from them over the course of last year. It is really just that our priorities are different (this may come a lot from the struggles I have had with my eating/body issues. more on that later) and our schedules don't match up well. Still, they mean a lot to me, and I don't want to lose them.
Again, it's amazing how the worst thing that has happened to me in years has actually helped other aspects of my life. My roommates' support through everything has really brought us closer. I am also around them a lot more since I am not always with the boy. I love them, and I am so happy to have seemed to found them again.
|It's kind of sad that the most recent picture I have of us is from 2 years ago. Reb, Allie, Me and Kayla, lookin' good.|
Let's just strike this one from the record. Wow, it's painful.
6) Be a kick-ass peer mentor- One of my jobs on campus is to help 25 incoming freshmen with their transition into college life by being someone they can go to with questions, for advice, and as an example. It means a lot to me that I create good relationships with them and between them.
Again, loving this job! I only have 12 this year, and it's really given me an opportunity to get closer with them. I am excited about the events I have planned for the rest of the quarter.
7) Make/Save at least
$600 $400- I think that with my peer mentor job and my job at the restaurant, this is feasible. This is the type-a part of me trying to get a control on what my financial situation will be post-graduation. Always have to plan ahead.
Necessary change since I quit my second job. I still think that was the best decision I could have made. though.
8)Write 2 new songs- writing music is something that I do when I feel the need to express some sort of strong emotion. I only do it sporadically, but I would really like to challenge myself with a quota this quarter. It is therapeutic, and I think it is really good for me especially when I am overly anxious or upset about something.
No go, as of yet. Although, i do have plenty of things swimming around in my head that would be great to write about.
I really wanted to participate in WIAW over at Peas and Crayons this week, but my camera suffered a casualty this weekend. One night out, and he's a goner. I'm going home this weekend, though, so I will hopefully get a new one! I'll be back for sure next week!
¡Muchos abrazos y besos, amigos!