Sunday, October 2, 2011

L'Shana Tovah!

It's been a while. This week has been crazy. But, what week isn't? When is life going to slow down!? Oh yea, never.

I have slowly been feeling better since the break up last week. It was definitely a stumbling block that I wasn't expecting. Like at all. It came literally out of nowhere. The hardest part is just how weird things feel right now. I was doing really well all week...probably because I was insanely busy. Then, things slowed down this weekend. I had a lot more time to think and over analyze everything about the last few weeks we were together. It was literally heart-wrenching for me, but I was doing a good way of faking my way to being ok.

That was until I saw him out this weekend. I saw him from afar at the football game, and out at the bar last night, and both times he completely ignored me. I just feel like this is all so unfair. He made this decision, but he won't own up to it. He just (literally) runs in the opposite direction.

ell, needless to say, I had a couple of breakdowns yesterday. So exhausting. Thank goodness I had my awesome friends a roommates to help me through it. I don't know where I would be without them. They have been awesome supports for me this week, and I know they aren't going anywhere. Even though they won't e reading this, THANKS EVERYONE for dealing with me, helping me, and making me see that there are other people out there besides him that truly care about me.

Moving on to something more positive, here's a snippet of the things I've been up to this week!

Some recent eats:
quinoa, sweet tater, sauteed zuke and shrooms (a plus of having the Hunk he who shall remain (nick)nameless around...  I can eat my favorite veg again. He has an unreasonable hatred towards the shooms), all smothered with salsa and hummus. Of course.
Some much needed chocolate therapy. Vegan brownies. Adapted from this recipe. Definitely delicious. Definitely going to be made a gain. Huge A.
 I started my observations this week for my Math Methods class. In layman's terms, it's "hot to teach math to high schoolers" class, and I have to do 25 hours of observations in a local school. The teacher I am working with is absolutely amazing. I really lucked out with this placement. Too bad it's 40 min away. But it is still a really fulfilling and exciting experience for me. Makes me excited to have my own classroom one day!
My first day of observation outfit: black pants, white v-neck, patterned cardigan. Pretty standard teacher-professional outfit. I have to work really hard to look older than my students. This obviously didn't do it because a sixth-grader asked me if I was 16.
 This past Wednesday night was the beginning of Rosh Hashana, the Jewish new year. It's always a bummer when I can't be at home with my family for high holy days. It makes me home sick. Luckily, this yea Yom Kippur falls on a Saturday so I will be able to make it home.

Since I couldn't be home, I had to do something to welcome in the new year. So, I gathered all of my roommates and friends... and the one other Jew I know here in Athens, my ex, Alex... in my kitchen to light candles, drink the wine, and say the prayers to welcome in the holiday. I was missing the boy like crazy because this is something we had talked about doing together. But, as my roommates reminded me, I had all of the other people in my life there with me. I wasn't alone, and it was really heart- warming for them all to take time out of their busy schedule to participate in something that means so much to me. I seriously love them!
My make-shift set up. I made the apples pretty for you.

Lighting the candles. I knew those little tea lights would come in handy for something.
As is a must-do tradition on Rosh Hashana, we had to have apples and honey to celebrate the sweet new year. The apples were super tart, and I, obviously, used agave, so it didn't really work out as well as it should have. Oh well, it's the intention that matters, right?
So the week definitely had some highlights and some low-lights. But, that's how every week is right? Even though this week seemed even more extreme than most, I know that it's all a part of life. As we head into a new year, I need to keep that in mind. And, I know that slowly things will level out again.

Even though it's a few days late (again, intention is what matters),  
Happy New Year, everyone!
L'Shana Tovah!

No comments:

Post a Comment