Friday, September 9, 2011

My weekend pledge...

I don't know what it is with me today. Two posts in one day? I must have a fever or something....

Or maybe it's just all of the free time I have had today to read far too many blogs that has given me some inspiration.

So, here is my pledge for this weekend:

I will have a "normal college girl weekend".

I know, I know it sounds bad. Why do I have to be normal? Why can't I just do what I want to and what makes me happy? Let me explain.

Last Spring quarter, I was a crazy (yes, crazy is a noun). I was taking a huge course load, observing in local schools, working part time, going crazy, strict, healthy-vegan and trying to get strait A's on every time-consuming assignment that my education degrees always give me. It was nuts. I barely had time to breathe let alone join my roommates and friends going out to the bars 4 nights a week. All I wanted to do at the end of the day was put on sweatpants and cuddle with the bf (who also had a crazy busy quarter and didn't have time for going out). 

And this is what I did.  Thankfully, I got those strait A's, was able to have some great observation/teaching experiences, and save a bit of money from the job.

But, my friendships suffered.

My roommates seemed to grow closer as I alienated myself. I was no fun. Always serious. I didn't allow myself to enjoy a night out for fear of being hungover and unproductive the next day. I was also overly worried about consuming too many unhealthy calories- something my roomies just couldn't understand.

This weekend I will start fresh.

I am taking this start of a new school year as a fresh start. I am relaxing and letting myself enjoy what free time I have before the quarter starts getting crammed. I am going to enjoy dinner and going out with my friends and roommates, and I am not looking back in regret. I won't let it happen.

I am super excited for this weekend! I am having dinner tonight with some of mis amigas de EspaƱa. Then, I am going to a party of an old friend with my roommates. Tomorrow night, I bunch of my guy friends from freshman year (and my ex, yikes!) are having a party at there house, and all of my roommates and I are making it a point to go together.

This year is going to be great! I can't wait to get back in on some of the fun college action. I mean, who wouldn't want to enjoy all of this?
old school in the dorms sophomore year


necessary pile-up


lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment