Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend ReCap

I can't believe that this weekend is already over. why is it that days seem to crawl when I am sitting in class, but they seem to fly by when on the weekends?!

Well, here is a quick reminisce of the weekend before the craziness of exam week starts up tomorrow. Finals! Yikes!

Friday night was spent laying around and being a lazyass couch potato with my roommate. Nothing exciting because...

Saturday morning:
I took the PRAXIS II Principles of Learning and Teaching Exam. 2 hours. 12 essays. 24 multiple choice. Ugh pure torture. I am usually a really fast test taker, and I was working until the last second on this one. Keeping my fingers crossed that I passed and won't have to take it again! I'll find out in about a month.

My friend, Val , and I took the test together, and we celebrated with a coffee at the best coffee shop in Athens:
Donkey Coffee. Perfection in a mug.
We decided that a Spain-girls-wine-and-spaghetti night was in order to celebrate further, and it was a great start to Saturday evening.
What my bowl looked like x 2 + a few more glasses of vino. So good! I haven't had white pasta in so long, and it was a nice change.
Las Chicas Guapas: Rebecca, Val, and Kristen (and me on the right). So much fun remembering the Spain trip! South America over the summer maybe?

Saturday night didn't end quite as positive as it started. Can anyone say "ex boyfriend drama"? Oh well, what's done is done.

But, everything was made better on Sunday night:
My (college) family's second annual Thanksgiving dinner! Yes, we are a few weeks early, but with everyone packing up to go home for break soon, we had to get together one last time. My bestie, Johnny, hosted.
The spread: turkey, hame, (vegan) mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, salad, stuffing, and my creation on the right (brown rice, lentils, zucchini, spinach, tomatoes, tomato sauce, lots of garlic and onions all topped with bread crumbs and baked to bubble perfection). It was a hit with everyone. Even the carnivores!
My plate: mashers, sweet taters, salad, and my casserole. There may have been one or two repeats of this plate. So good!

Me and Kayla with our plates. Hungry girls!

The fam at the table

The second table. All the boys sported their button downs and sweaters. The napkin bibs were totally necessary.
And the mandatory hand-turkey decorations. Yes, we are all seniors in college.
I am so thankful for the wonderful friends family I have built here. Who knows where I would be without these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment